Re: [nsp] car on dot1q fastethernet subinterface

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@amis.net)
Date: Wed Jan 23 2002 - 15:32:13 EST

> Is car/cef supported on an encap dot1q fastethernet
> subinterface? hardware is 7500 with IOS 12.1(10). I
> have a 2 port FE card.

Yes for CAR, no for CEF. To route between dot1q VLANs you need at least IOS
12.1(3)T.

> If yes, since car can do rate limiting on each
> interface, does it follow that I can rate limit on
> each subinterface or do i need to configure a per ip
> rate limit on the main interface itself?

You can put limits on subinterfaces and they will only limit traffic going
through that subinterface.

Blaz Zupan, Medinet d.o.o, Trzaska 85, SI-2000 Maribor, Slovenia
E-mail: blaz@amis.net, Tel: +386 2 320 6320, Fax: +386 2 320 6325