RE: [nsp] L3 switching BIGIRON 8000 vs CAT 5500 some testing rep orts..

From: McMaster, Jay (jmcmaster@fibrewired.com)
Date: Sat Jan 26 2002 - 10:45:31 EST

-> - I wanted to compare L3 switching and QoS as an amateur (in
-> conditions, where both devices should gave top perf.) ... Mine farm
-> brain says, that if both sides claim to have some
-> performance.. I should get them.. I've been told...that
-> ...believe what they

apples to oranges comparison with respect to chassis architectures and
silicon base routing. a more accurate test would have pitted the BI8000 vs
6513/supe2/msfc2/SFM2.

 http://www.mier.com/reports/cisco/Catalyst6509.pdf

cheers,