Re: PA-2T3 in Flexwan on 6509?

From: Alex Rubenstein (alex@nac.net)
Date: Sun Jan 27 2002 - 12:19:40 EST

On Sun, 27 Jan 2002, Jared Mauch wrote:

> w/ sup1-mfsc2 and native i *HIGHLY* recommend running
> 12.1(8b)E8 which was recently released.

We did.

12.1(8b)E8 has a very nasty bug, which when you disconnect the console
cable from the console port, or reboot the PC that is connected to the
console port, the system will reboot within about 90 to 150 seconds. The
reason is unclear, but a clue to this is that there are scp_heartbeat
problems.

There are several cases on CCO regarding this, all 'closed' or
'unreproducible.' I seem to have no problem reproducing it, though.

-- Alex Rubenstein, AR97, K2AHR, alex@nac.net, latency, Al Reuben --
-- Net Access Corporation, 800-NET-ME-36, http://www.nac.net --