Re: [nsp] recommended IOS for 3640

From: Andrey Kostin (ankost@east.ru)
Date: Mon Jan 28 2002 - 06:54:21 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Benjie Ko" <gerwalk1@yahoo.com>
To: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: 28 января 2002 г. 12:46
Subject: [nsp] recommended IOS for 3640

> Hello,
>
> What stable IOS are you using for 3640 with 128Mb ram?
> Said router would do BGP, OSPF and netflow.
> Thanks

I've 3640 with 12.2(5) IP only running about 4 months without any complains.
This is heavily loaded router with several tenths BGP speakers with full
view from 3 of them, CEF, NBAR. Interfaces are 10BaseT ethernets and E1
channels. It's miraculous, but it works. If you use ISL or dot1q probably
you would better to use 12.2(6) for ISL or wait for next mainline release
with fixed vlan subinterface's SNMP countrers.