Re: [nsp] ICMP messages

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Tue Feb 05 2002 - 11:27:21 EST

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 01:00:38PM -0300, Diego Costa wrote:
> I have filtered ICMP packets on a Cisco router, when I ping this address
> it's returns this message "Communication prohibited by filter" I want to
> change this message, anybody has any document that can help me?

You can't change the message, it's generated by the machines doing the pinging
receiving an ICMP reply from the router. To not generate the ICMP reply try
using "no ip unreachable" in interface configuration mode. This will silently
drop the packets. (Or at least it should do, I've never actually tried it...)

--
         Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines, I'm just learning new things with the passage of time