RE: [nsp] VIP4-80/PA issues, anyone?

From: Desmarais, Jonathan (JDesmarais@colt-telecom.com)
Date: Thu Feb 07 2002 - 04:34:36 EST

Be sure to read this field notice.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/770/fn13130.shtml

Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Tito B. [mailto:titobi@yahoo.com]
Sent: 07 February 2002 06:29
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] VIP4-80/PA issues, anyone?

Hi!

just asking if there's anything I should watch out for when I plan to
upgrade
a 7507 router's VIP2-50 with VIP4-80 using PA-2T3, PA-T3, PA-2FE-TX and
also a PA-2FEISL-TX on IOS 12.0(11)S3

this link shows no support for my PA-2FEISL-TX (or is it just because of
the EoS?) on
the VIP4-80

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/core/cis7505/vip1/vip4/6927v
ip4.htm

the router is running BGP (2 full views), OSPF, CAR, PIM, CEF (dCEF not yet
turned on due to
memory constraints of the VIP2-50 to be replaced and upgraded to 128MB).

any help or correct link would be much appreciated.

TIA

./tito

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message. Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.