Re: [nsp] vrf on a native-mode Cat6k

From: Félix Izquierdo (fizquierdo@datagrama.net)
Date: Fri Feb 15 2002 - 07:42:57 EST

Same problem with Hybrid mode working only with vlan interfaces. I get
this error when I try to ping out other device through the vlan
interface:

Feb 15 12:14:24.124: %MSFC2-3-MISTRAL_BAD_PAK: Badly formed packet
passed to Mis
tral for tx: bad rx offset: int Vlan193, size 114, rx_offset 171

No problem when I ping my own vlan and loopback interfaces in the vrf.

Running 12.1(8b)E8 in the MSFC

Any ideas?

Cheers.

Félix

Steve Birnbaum wrote:

> I'm trying to set up a Catalyst 6509 in native mode with 48-port RJ45
> blades as a border router.
>
> It has 2 WAN and 2 LAN facing ethernet ports.
>
> On one WAN port, it's running OSPF only, the other just has a static
> default route. Each WAN port corresponds to a single LAN port. BGP is
> not running on the 6509.
>
> In order to simplify the separation and remove the need for route
> filtering, local policy-routes and other weirdness, I'm trying to set up
> two VRFs to isolate each pair of interfaces and their routing tables.
>
> All of the VRF commands are accepted, and the VRF appears to work in
> that the OSPF routing table and the static route are properly isolated
> to VRFs. However, I can't ping the IP address of any interface in a VRF
> nor can I route a packet through the device.
>
> It's been suggested that the 6509 is not capable of performing this task
> unless I were to buy an OSM-4GE-WAN and set up a trunk to an interface
> on this module which has Provider switching enabled.
>
> I'm not looking for full MPLS.
>
> Does anyone know if this is possible without the additional hardware?
>
> Thanks...
>
> Steve

DATAGRAMA SERVICIOS GLOBALES IP
C/ Acer 30                                       Pho: +34 93 289 63 00
08038 Barcelona ( SPAIN )                        Fax: +34 93 289 63 10
mailto:fizquierdo@datagrama.net               http://www.datagrama.net