Re: [nsp] Monitoring??

From: Andrey Kostin (ankost@east.ru)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2002 - 12:06:24 EST

I would recommend you to consider NMIS, http://www.sins.com.au/nmis/

> I need four specific tasks to get covered:
> 1.- Load inbound/outbound graphic by interface

Done by NMIS

> 2.- Alarm system when a device or interface goes down

Not in real time in general case because trap handler only logs events to
file in the current version of NMIS, but it is written on perl so you can do
what you want.

> 3.- CPU/ Memory monitoring

Easy with NMIS, these system monitoring capabilities are present

> 4.- Possibility of accessing via web

All what you would like to do, you can do with NMIS web interface

> Thanks for your recommendations

Andrey Kostin
East Connection ISP, Moscow, Russia. http://www.east.ru