RE: [nsp] unable to collect interface stats on 6905 MSFC2

From: David Sinn (dsinn@microsoft.com)
Date: Wed Mar 13 2002 - 12:38:39 EST

It depends on what PFC you have (thus what Sup you have).

If you have a Sup1A then you have a flow based PFC. Thus the first
packet of every new flow goes through the MSFC so that a flow entry can
be pushed down to the PFC.

If you have a Sup2 then you have a CEF based PFC. Thus almost no routed
traffic will pass through the MSFC.

The exceptions on both methods are any and all packets actually destined
to the routing engine (snmp, routing protocols, telnet, ICMP, ARP, etc.)
and any and all packets that need anything done to them other then
normal routing (TTL expire, options bits set, etc.).

I have yet to be able to confirm the assertion about CatOS 7.1 does
anything different.

David