RE: [nsp] OSPF

From: Ryan O'Connell (ryan@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Fri Mar 15 2002 - 14:43:13 EST

On 15-Mar-2002 Dhiman Barman wrote:
> I am using RSP-7000 and RP-7000 series routers to set up ospf
> routing. I can configure ospf in RP-7000 routers but in RSP-7000,
> there seems to be no options for protocols and ospf.

What does "router ospf 1" in configuration mode produce, and does "router ?"
list OSPF as an option?

Some routers ship with an IOS that doesn't include OSPF as standard - I know
this is the case (Or at least used to be) on 1600s. OSPF is listed as an option
in the help but "router ospf" produces an error along the lines of
"% Unsupported routing protocol".

What IOS version/feature set (filename) are you using?

--
Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8147
<ryan@complicity.co.uk>