Re: [nsp] Using RSH

From: C. Jon Larsen (jlarsen@richweb.com)
Date: Sat Mar 16 2002 - 15:26:21 EST

This perl code that opens a pipe to an rsh subprocess that I wrote has
been working for over a year. It clears a cisco tty, which requires a
confirm. I think this is exactly the situation that is described. I
simply sleep, and then send "\n".

You'll need to replace the hash elements $cs->{'host'} and
$cs->{'command'} with the host and the rsh command to run, respectively.
You may also need to tune the sleep value.

$SLEEP = 2;

sub clearCiscoTty {

    my $cs = shift || return '';
    my $command = qq{/usr/bin/rsh $cs->{'host'} "$cs->{'command'}"};
    $lockFile->log("command: $command");

    # Open a pipe to the command to read STDOUT and STDERR:
    unless ( open( REXEC, "| $command 1> /dev/null" ) ) {
        $lockFile->log("Open to run command failed !");
        return -1;
    }

    sleep $SLEEP;
    print REXEC "\n";
    sleep $SLEEP;
    close(REXEC);
}

--

C. Jon Larsen Chief Technology Officer, Richweb.com (804.307.6939) SMTP: jlarsen@richweb.com (http://richweb.com/cjl_pgp_pub_key.txt)

Richweb.com: Designing Open Source Internet Business Solutions since 1995 Building Safe, Secure, Reliable Cisco-Powered Networks since 1995