[nsp] is this cisco2912XL 's bug or else.

From: pankaj (pankaj@worldgatein.net)
Date: Wed Mar 20 2002 - 05:27:05 EST

I have cisco 2912CL swtich IOS 12.0(5)XU,
Suddenly since from few days, I found that undesired traffic pattern
on few switch ports.
-------------------------cisco1912XL-----------------------------
| | | | | | | |
| | | |
m1 m2 m3 m4 m5 m6 m7 m8 m9 m10 m11
m12

Now on machine m7 , m8, m11 there is no any data transfer , still show
int fastethernet0/7 and my monitoring (mrtg) showing me some
ammount( Y amount) of (0kbps to 500 kbps) Same thing happening with
0/8, 0/11.

now 0/9 and 0/10, there is actual traffic on machine's interface is X
amount , but on switch its showing me X+Y.

on m4 there are some traffic flowing through but switch showing me 0
kbps.

Any clue???? Why this happening?? Is this sounds switch problem or my
logic problem??
Is humidity or dust can create problem like this.

Thanks
Pankaj Patel