RE: [nsp] icmp blocking

From: Barry Raveendran Greene (bgreene@cisco.com)
Date: Thu Mar 28 2002 - 03:18:37 EST

You can add more resistance to a ICMP Unreachable overload on the router
with the ICMP Unreachable Rate-Limit. Default is 1 unreachable reply every
500ms (which is the IOS default). We do not have a BCP, but most people who
are cranking this up is setting it at 1 ever 2000ms.

        ip icmp rate-limit unreachable 2000
        ip icmp rate-limit unreachable df 2000