Re: [nsp] virtual link

From: Tim Devries (zsolutions@cogeco.ca)
Date: Thu Apr 04 2002 - 17:46:40 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "Shi, Ning" <ning.shi@bellnexxia.com>
To: <dhiman@cs.bu.edu>
Cc: <cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 3:16 PM
Subject: RE: [nsp] virtual link
> Now go back to your question, these two interfaces do not have to be in
the
> same subnet(I will never put them in the same subnet. By doing that, you
> will never be able to reach each other even you enable routing on those
> interfaces) and you don't need to be able to ping each other to make the
VL
> work.
>
> Hope this is help.
>
> -ns

Are you saying that the directly connected (or intermediate) router (i.e.
between say area 1 router to area1 interface on router 2) doesn't have to be
in the same network? Or are you talking about the third router that has an
interface in area 0? According to this document, they are in the same area:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/104/ospfdb7.html