RE: [nsp] Intergrated routing/bridging

From: Ryan OConnell (ryan-nsp@complicity.co.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 24 2002 - 10:40:23 EDT

On 24-Apr-2002 Vladimir Litovka wrote:
> Thank you, it works. Two more questions -
>
> 1) 'show running-config' doesn't show this command. I.e. I see
>
> bridge 1 protocol ieee
> bridge 1 route ip
>
> and there isn't "bridge 1 bridge ip". Will this command have effect
> after reload?

The bridge ip command is implied as it's the default behaviour, but sometimes
the router gets stuck with "no bridge 1 bridge ip" but doesn't show it in a show
run.

> 2) Although BVI looks supported by CEF, CPU on my NSE-1 (without PXF) have
> 100% load. Are there ways to reduce this value?

Not really - the CPU is having to process every packet it sees on the Ethernet
in order to build the bridging table. NAT may be a better solution to your
problem if that's possible. (Static NAT from the old IP to a new one. I think
the router will proxy-ARP for the NATed address by default.)

--
Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
ryan@complicity.co.uk