Re: [nsp] Slow access to one particular web site

From: Chaya Limchitti (chaya@it.chula.ac.th)
Date: Mon Aug 17 1998 - 06:13:45 EDT

> Actually, it's the server itself that doesn't have the name service. We're
> fine, as far as I can tell. I wanted to think that DNS was the actual
> culprit, mainly because this is the only site I know of that both shows
> this behavior and has no reverse DNS. I just need some prove to show the
> bosses here. Does anyone know of any similar sites (running a web server,
> but no reverse DNS)?

I think your major problem is from forward DNS, not reverse. There is no
authoritative name servers for inmrk.com domain.

> inmrk.com.
Server: a.root-servers.net
Address: 198.41.0.4

Non-authoritative answer:
inmrk.com nameserver = NS2.PSI.NET
inmrk.com nameserver = KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM

NS2.PSI.NET internet address = 38.8.50.2
KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM internet address = 204.141.231.3

> server klaatu.infoshop.com.
Default Server: klaatu.infoshop.com
Address: 204.141.231.3

> inmrk.com.
Server: klaatu.infoshop.com
Address: 204.141.231.3

Non-authoritative answer:
inmrk.com nameserver = KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM
inmrk.com nameserver = NS2.PSI.NET

KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM internet address = 204.141.231.3
NS2.PSI.NET internet address = 38.8.50.2
> lserver ns2.psi.net.
Default Server: ns2.psi.net
Address: 38.8.50.2

> inmrk.com.
Server: ns2.psi.net
Address: 38.8.50.2

Non-authoritative answer:
inmrk.com nameserver = NS2.PSI.NET
inmrk.com nameserver = KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM

NS2.PSI.NET internet address = 38.8.50.2
KLAATU.INFOSHOP.COM internet address = 204.141.231.3

-Chaya Limchitti.

Office of Information Technology
Chulalongkorn University
Phyathai Rd., Bangkok 10330