Re: [nsp] Directed broadcasts

From: Rick Burts (burts@ccci.com)
Date: Sat Jul 04 1998 - 03:29:05 EDT

the no ip directed-broadcast command configures the router to not pass
directed (subnet) broadcasts. If you do this on the routers where
traffic enters your network, broadcast pings will not get to your
main router.
There is not a way to configure the router not to answer if the ping
packet gets to the router.

Rick

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, RTS wrote:

> I want to stop people from being able to ping my broadcast address's on our
> main router.
>
> I believe it has something to do with the no ip directed broadcast (or
> something similar command)
>
> Any help is always welcome and thankful.
>
> Randy
>
> RTS
> rts@rdr.net

Rick Burts burts@ccci.com
Chesapeake Computer Consultants 410-280-8840 ex 3015
275 West Street 410-280-8859 fax
Plaza 70
Annapolis, Md 21401

Chesapeake is a certified Cisco Training Partner.
We offer most of the Cisco training courses.
We also offer training in Checkpoint Firewall software and
Fore Systems.
We also provide network consulting services including
design, management, and problem solving.
We have 9 CCIEs on our staff.