RE: [nsp] Cisco IOS this decade (WAS: OSPF announcements)

From: David Power (dpower@insync.net)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 01:41:37 EDT

>"sub-flavors" of each version (CA, CC, CF, etc.). And things like
>important features only in certain flavors (e.g. ISL only in enterprise,
>etc.).
>
>Okay, sorry about the rant. I'm just tired of dealing with bugs, versions,
>feature clash, etc., etc. And yes, I've heard the mantra:
>"twelve-point-oh-will-save-us-all". But sometimes it just gets to be too
>much. Almost makes me want to use Bays on my backbone. (JUST KIDDING! :)

Actually it sounds more and more like Ascend. I really hope it's not necessary
to be competitive to release massively buggy code just to maintain the
illusion that you are the market leader in your area.

I buy and recommend cisco because it works and always works, this is starting
to look like a market share mentality. And it has me worried.
 I currently have 2 2924 switches that have massive bugs in the software. This
switch look's to have been released to compete with the Bay 350 series.
Because we buy and respect cicso we ordered two. Now the are sitting on the
shelf awaiting a software release that will allow me to have any idea of what
they are doing in my network. Meanwhile I'm paying the cost of money on almost
6 grand waiting to use these gems.

-----------------End of Original Message-----------------

David Power |Price,Quality,Service
V-P Operations |
Insync.Internet.Services.Inc.|Pick any two out of three.