[nsp] Re: Load balancing with OSPF

From: Vicky Fyrigou (vfyr@forthnet.gr)
Date: Tue Jul 14 1998 - 11:54:05 EDT

Hello again,

Let me tell you that through the initial tests, I had enabled per-packet
load balancing: it was the only way for both links to gain full bandwidth
(before that, per-destination load balancing was by default enabled on
 the router and my tests hadn't worked). Whatsmore, it didn't seem to
affect neither the VIP nor the RSP.

When I tried to use same ospf cost with two different links (64K and 128K),
I used both per-packet and per-destination load balancing, but the
result was the same: the 128K link would stuck on 64K.
Note that flow switching is enabled as well.

Thanks again for your replies,

Regards,

Vicky