Re: [nsp] BGP route serving...

From: Abha Ahuja (ahuja@merit.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 15 1998 - 10:03:43 EDT

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Terence C. Giufre-Sweetser wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Abha Ahuja wrote:
>
> > Just out of curiousity, exactly why are you trying to get rid of the AS on
> > an EBGP announcement on a Cisco?... If your goal is to set up a
> > third-party-exchange-point-style-route-server, why not just use RSd? I'm
> > not sure why you would need to remove the transparency in any other normal
> > situation.
>
> YES: it's an exchange point, and worse, it's spread over four
> states/cities.

Ahhh....

> RSd is an option, if we deploy FOUR of them, *but* I don't need the
> bells and whistles...

Hmmm.... You don't have to use all the bells and whistles with RSd (I am
assuming that you are talking about the creation of the filters based on
RADB policy, right?) As far as deploying FOUR of them, why would you
need FOUR?

Just causing trouble (as usual),

-abha ;)

abha ahuja ahuja@merit.edu