[nsp] Replacing cards in a 4700M

From: Steve Pfister (srp336@optimum.com)
Date: Sun Jun 21 1998 - 14:23:58 EDT

We've just replaced an 8-port BRI card in a 4700M router with a 4-port
serial card. Out one Ethernet port on this router is our corporate
firewall. Out another Ethernet port is our upstream attachment's router.
After restoring the upgraded router to service, router was almost,
but not quite, working correctly (e.g., the firewall couldn't reach
the upstream attachment's router). The only thing that got it working
again was to shut off both routers and the firewall and restart them
again. Is there any more convenient way of doing this?

Thanks

Steve Pfister
srp336@optimum.com