[nsp] Morphed messages: Echoing and timeouts

From: Sean Donelan (SEAN@SDG.DRA.COM)
Date: Sun Dec 14 1997 - 16:58:03 EST

That was interesting, NOT!

I'm not sure what happened to my first message, causing it to morph
into that other thing; but this is what I had intended to send.

Cisco is tracking a bug in IOS about character echoing becoming disabled
on vty ports, and the exec-timeout getting reset to 30 seconds.
Supposedly its been fixed in 11.1-15, and the suggested work-arounds are really
kludgee. But I'm still seeing it happen even after loading 11.1-15. Its
not one of those critical things, but very annoying. Is there a version
where its really fixed? Or are enough folks being negatively impacted
by this, its time to raise a little hell as a customer usability issue?