[nsp] Question about long-haul point-to-point

From: Pete Ashdown (pashdown@xmission.com)
Date: Thu Dec 18 1997 - 15:01:42 EST

What is the cheapest way to do long-haul point-to-point at greater than T1
rates? I would like to place T3 capable equipment in two locations and
start with of 1.5 or 3 meg. If I place a Larscomm T45 at both ends, should
my telco be able to bill me in 3 meg increments?

Most telcos are wanting me to hook into their ATM networks, which is
something I want to avoid. I'd also like to not have to switch out
hardware every time I boost bandwidth.