Re: [nsp] Question about long-haul point-to-point

From: Brian Dickson (BDickson@teleglobe.ca)
Date: Fri Dec 19 1997 - 16:08:23 EST

>Do you have any recommendations on equipment? The only things I've seen
>like this max out at 7 or 8 T1's.

There's several vendors that have solutions which don't scale even this
high, but
with better prices for the lower end.
There's 4 or 5 vendors with products that scale to 8 T1's.

I only know of one that comes to mind that scales higher. I've only seen
glossy info and
presentations on it, so you should test it before buying. It's the Ascom
Timeplex
Synchrony TX-3 (http://www.timeplex.com/prodsols/tx3.htm). It's a general
purpose system
which presents interface types: HSSI, V.35, OC-3, DS3, E3, T1, E1; and can
do MUX and IMUX,
and even SONET ADM or terminal.

> If possible, I'd like something that went all the way.

Spoken like a true geek. ;-)

Brian Dickson
Teleglobe