Re: [nsp] cisco & radius

From: Kyle D. Smith (peaches@cia-g.com)
Date: Sun Jan 25 1998 - 01:40:05 EST

> 28 Idle-Timeout
> Sets the maximum number of consecutive seconds of idle
> connection allowed to the user before the session terminates.
> This attribute value becomes the per-user "session-timeout."
> This attribute is not valid for PPP sessions.
>
> "not valid for PPP sessions"
>
> Ok, then, how do you set idle timeouts for PPP sessions? On
> a per-user basis? Using RADIUS?

AFAIK, it would be something like:
        Idle-Timeout = <sec.>
We use this line in our Radius server, and it works without any problems.
But then again I don't know a whole lot about Radius (yet...)

However, I have also fwd'd this message to portmaster-radius, which should
be able to help you...

  -Kyle Donald Smith
  -Asst. Systems Administrator
  -Community Internet Access, Inc.
  -peaches@cia-g.com

PGP Fingerprint (DSS)
E357 82E0 609C C40A 0265 062A 7A09 EC5A 2D9D 34F3