[nsp] Routing

From: RTS (rts@rdr.net)
Date: Thu Feb 19 1998 - 19:49:49 EST

Here is what I have ... Hopefully someone can help !!!

I have a 2501 with:
ether port numbered xxx.xxx.159.1
serial port0 unnumbered e0 (xxx.xxx.159.1)
serial port1 no ip address

From serial0 goes to a TSU hooked to our provider.
From serial1 goes to a 64k csu/dsu to a 64k csu/dsu on an as2509
From ether0 goes to our network hub where our current PM2 and internal net
sits.
(everything works fine) for serial0 and ether0

On the other end of the 2501 S1 is the as2509 with:
ether port numbered xxx.xxx.159.26
serial0 port unnumbered e0
serial1 port shutdown

From Serial0 goes to the 64k csu/dsu connected back to our 2501
From Ether0 goesto a hub for later expansion of that network

The Portmaster at our primary location is numbered xxx.xxx.159.25

I would like to:
number the serial1 port on the 2501 xxx.xxx.xxx.2 and the s0 port of the
as2509 xxx.xxx.159.21

This way I can telnet to the ports and get to the routers.

When I try this I get the numbers overlap xxx.xxx.159.0

Needless to say I can not ping from the 2501 to the as2509 or vice-versa.

Please help and point me in the right config direction. (Thought I had it
but what I had didnt work!)

Randy
rts@rdr.net

RTS