[nsp] Re: Router tunneling?!

From: Alec H. Peterson (ahp@hilander.com)
Date: Fri Mar 13 1998 - 11:25:05 EST

At 10:34 3/13/98 , jlixfeld@idirect.ca wrote:
>He have a 7206 doing EVERYTHING. OSPF, Static, E/iBGP and firewalling.
>I'm kicking my boss to get another router and leave the 7206 as a border
>router and get a 7505 or 7507 as an internal core router. He is concerned
>with physical hops as customers hate to see hops. I heard that their is a
>way to "Tunnel" two routers or two interfaces together to make it seem
>"invisible" to a traceroute. Is this possible?! Is it worth while? I'm
>sketchy about load on the 7206 which is why I want to take action as it is
>constantly rebooting. We have received a NPE-200 which I have yet to
>install to try to remidy our reboot problem, but I have heard that the
>7206s have a design flaw hindering their performance at high RPM so to
>speak which will leave the NPE-200 as nothing more then a dent in the
>pocket book. Anyone have any info on this?! Anyone know about tunneling?

Gosh, sounds to me like you have to go to ATM anonymous.

Gee, customers hate to see hops. They would much rather see more loss over
just one hop than no loss over more hops.

Sounds to me like some customers need educating.

Alec "Hi, I'm Alec, and I use ATM" Peterson
aka
Alec "Tunnels 'r us, and not proud of it" Peterson
aka
Alec, who wouldn't be caught dead using ATM unless forced to do so

--
|Alec Peterson - ahp@hilander.com  | Erols Internet, INC.             |