Re: [nsp] Bitcount format entry

From: Randall S. Benn http://www.clark.net/pub/rbenn (rbenn@clark.net)
Date: Thu Mar 19 1998 - 14:03:35 EST

At 04:55 PM 3/18/98 -0500, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:
>OK...maybe someone here can answer what I am increasingly beginning to
>believe is a Cisco urban legend.
>
>What, if any, release(s) accept ip address configuration using the CIDR or
>"bitcount" style:

Howard,

AFAIK, the only "bitcount" option that is currently supported is in the
display of IP addresses via 'term ip netmask-format' command. As I'm sure
you know, it's the default display format beginning in some 11.x variant.

Specifying the bitcount instead of dotted decimal for address configuration
is long overdue! Maybe we should revise the RFC for IP routers and specify
it as a required feature!!

Randy

"Cisco Systems In A Nuthshell"
http://www.clark.net/pub/rbenn/cisco.html