Re: [nsp] 3600 chassis and module selection questions

From: Mike Roberts (roberts@carol.net)
Date: Sun Mar 29 1998 - 18:23:39 EST

Barry,

I'm aware of the CPU difference and I would have thought that 2 modules
sharing 80Mhz would statistically perform better than 4 modules sharing
100Mhz. I'm also aware of the memory capacity difference and again that
statistically, 2 modules sharing 64M wouldn't be much worse than 4 modules
sharing 128M (if your application even requires maxing out the memory).

Can you be more specific on the bus bandwidth difference that you mention?
And, do you mean memory capacity or is there actually a memory bandwidth
value that is important? Any performance stats would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike.