Re: [nsp] Re: TTL issues [NO - NOTHING TO DO WIH DOS ATTACKS]

From: Kai (kai@conti.nu)
Date: Tue Mar 31 1998 - 02:38:44 EST

At 02:17 AM 3/31/98 +0000, Michael Shields wrote:
>In article <3.0.5.32.19980329232816.007f8320@denali.pac-rim.net>,
>Kai <kai@conti.nu> wrote:
>> b.) with an arbitrary access router (25xx,45xx,47xx) on an arbitrary
>> ethernet port ?
>
>I don't see why not:
>
> int e0
> no arp arpa
> arp 10.11.12.13 00c0.6d13.834b arpa
> arp ...
>
>(As a war story, another good use for a static ARP mapping is when
>you're renumbering things in-band and have assigned two devices the
>same IP address...)
>--
>Shields, CrossLink.

Cool. this was exactly what I wanted, at least for the routers.
The above seems like a good thing to prevent anyone from defaulting
into your ethernet port on a NAP, too....

Now I need a definite answer about locking down <n> MAC addresses
on each port of the 1900 switch(es). Also: can the 1900 (not the Cat5K)
count octets in/out on a per-port basis ?

Thanks !
bye,Kai