Re: [nsp] Having problems using TOS

From: Alan Hannan (alan@globalcenter.net)
Date: Wed Sep 23 1998 - 17:40:47 EDT

  Like so:

  conf term
    interface [input interfacename]
  rate-limit input [bps of interface ] [Nburst] [Mburst] conform-action set=prec-transmit [prec.] exceed set-prec-continue [prec.] interface [output interfacename]
    rate-limit output access-group [access-group] [rate at which you wish to limit] [Nburst] [Mburst] conform-action transmit exceed-action drop

  This simply matches on the inbound all traffic [there may be a better
  way, but this works, though kind of ugly] and sets the precedence bits
  on it.

  It then puts a 'filter' on the outbound interface that matches on
  precedence bits [defined in "access-group"]. It then limits traffic
  of that 'group' to the 'rate' and drops all else within that precedence
  bit.

  I don't recall if all other traffic is passed through, or if you need to
  explicitly allow it through; my lab routerr are otherwise occupied
  right now.

  -alan

Thus spake Pete Ashdown (pashdown@xmission.com)
 on or about Wed, Sep 23, 1998 at 03:08:47PM -0600: