Re: [nsp] 12.1(5)T9

From: Blaz Zupan (blaz@inlimbo.org)
Date: Fri Oct 19 2001 - 16:31:20 EDT

> Grrr! I've spent most of the day looking through releases for the 7206
> to try and find one that actually supports this feature. According to
> FeatureNav, anything > 12.1 pretty much will, however when you come to
> actually look at the interfaces none of them do.
>
> Does anyone know of a release for the 7200 that at least supports
> this feature?

None of them do so fully. 12.0S at least partly works, the VLAN subinterface
does appear in the interface table, but the traffic counters for it do not
exist. We worked around this by putting a rate-limit onto the subinterface
and reading the counters for that through the CAR MIB. But even this is broken
in 12.2(3), haven't yet tried 12.2(5) (too afraid it will break something
else).