Re: [nsp] In-Depth experience with Netflow Prefix Aggregation?

From: Gert Doering (gert@greenie.muc.de)
Date: Sun Oct 21 2001 - 10:57:24 EDT

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 03:08:16PM +0200, Gert Doering wrote:
> does one of you have "in-depth experience" with bouter-based netflow
> aggregation, to be specific, prefix aggregation?
>
> I did some testing with it today, using the packet documentation in
> http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/nfc/\
> nfc_3_0/nfc_ug/nfcform.htm
> (wrapped by hand), and it seems that the "src_mask" and "dst_mask"
> fields for the "RouterPrefix Flow Record Format" are sent in the
> wrong order.

As a followup on this - I checked with some Cisco people that verified
that the documentation above is wrong. In the "prefix aggregation" and
"prefix-tos aggregation" records, src_mask and dst_mask are just used the
other way round.

This won't be changed (never change a data structure that is being used
by applications! - I agree on this), so it's a documentation bug.

I have been told it's bug number CSCdv60220, but it's not end-user
visible, so I can't check this.

gert

                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
Gert Doering - Munich, Germany                             gert@greenie.muc.de