Re: [nsp] BGP advertisement + route maps

From: jp@pour.midcoast.com
Date: Wed Oct 24 2001 - 11:52:36 EDT

> I was wondering if there is a command to find out the
> routes that are actually being advertised to my
> neighbor after passing through the route map.
>
> For eg.
>
> I am doing an AS path prepend with a neighbor.
> when I give the command show ip bgp nei x.y.z.w ad
>
> it shows the routes advertised, but not the length of
> the AS-path prepended routes, same hold true for MED
> etc....

> Edward

I have been recently playing around with AS path prepending and used the
internet tools to get an outside perspective. Looking glass webpages and
telnet-able route-servers are real handy. The telnetable ones are handy
because you can issue " sh ip bgp x.x.x.x " cisco commands to show how
your netblocks are in other peoples BGP tables.

http://neptune.dti.ad.jp/ has a good list of looking glasses.

-Jason