RE: [nsp] Running ssh on cisco

From: Stuart Bates (stuartbates@lucent.com)
Date: Fri Nov 02 2001 - 19:18:31 EST

Manpreet,

"
    can someone please tell me how to run ssh on cisco. I want to open
an ssh connection to a cisco router (7500/36xx) and then tftp
running-config to and from these routers.
"

It sounds like you want some extra security whilst transfering configs to
and from your routers. However whether you have opened an SSH connection to
your router or not, its STILL TFTP, and hence no encrpytion.

As Andrew Fort has already mentioned you're going to need to run something
like scp in order to transfer your configs whilst encrypted.

Of course if you're just wanting to TFTP configs on and off the box, you
don't need ssh for that :-)

-Manpreet

Stuart.