Load Profiling Based Routing

From: Ibrahim Matta (matta@cs.bu.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:18:28 EDT

Hello all,

A couple of years ago we proposed a load profiled approach
to routing guaranteed bandwidth flows. References are included
below and links to the papers can be found at:

http://www.cs.bu.edu/cgi-bin/wingbibsearch?keyword=Matta
or
http://cs-pub.bu.edu/faculty/matta/publications.html

I am wondering if this kind of approach is being
or envisioned to be used for MPLS TE.

Best regards,
ibrahim

===

I. Matta and A. Bestavros,
``A Load Profiling Approach to Routing Guaranteed Bandwidth Flows'',
Proc. IEEE INFOCOM (1998).

A. Bestavros and I. Matta,
``Load Profiling for Efficient Route Selection in Multi-Class
Networks'',
Proc. IEEE International Conference on Network Protocols - ICNP,
183-190 (1997).

I. Matta, A. Bestavros, and M. Krunz,
``Load Profiling Based Routing for Guaranteed Bandwidth Flows'',
European Transactions on Telecommunications -
Special Issue on Architectures, Protocols and Quality of Service for
the Internet of the Future, vol. 10, no. 2, 165-182 (1999).

--
Ibrahim Matta       Dept of Comp Sci, 111 Cummington St, MCS-271
matta@cs.bu.edu     Assistant Prof, Boston Univ., Boston, MA 02215