RE: Meeting in SLC?

From: john.loughney@nokia.com
Date: Thu Dec 06 2001 - 03:45:15 EST

Hi All,

Maybe it would be a good idea that I step forward and introduce
the Micromobility Routing subgroup.

Last year, the SeaMoby working group did some work on Micromobility
(termed local mobility). The area directors felt that this was
an interesting area, but outside the scope of the IETF. Abha
expressed interest in this work & offered to continue the
work under the IRTF.

We have a small team who are looking into this problem area
and will present some work during the 1st hour. I'm essentially
leading this work.

The tentative schedule is:

Intro 5 minutes

Subnet Mobility Problem statement 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-proberts-local-subnet-mobility-pro
blem-02.txt

Micromobility Taxonomy 10 minutes
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-irtf-mm-taxonomy-00.txt

Micromobility survey/topologies 15 minutes
Carl Williams

Mobility Routing Issues 10 minutes
Dana Blair

Wrap-up 10 minutes

Unfortunately, due to a scheduling conflict with another WG I am chairing, I
cannot chair this meeting - however, for those interested, please send me an
email and maybe we can schedule some time at a bar-bof.

thanks,
John