Re: requirements sub-group draft

From: George Michaelson (ggm@apnic.net)
Date: Wed Dec 12 2001 - 16:13:03 EST

                        god
                        /0\ <---- this is an eyeball

        |Ubernet |
        | +-------------------------+ |
        | | | |
        | | Mynet | |
        | | +-------+ | |
        | | |Hernet | | |
        | | | | | |
        | | +-------+ | |
        | +-------------------------+ |
        | |
        | +-------------------------+ |
        | | | |
        | | Theirnet | |
        | | +-------+ | |
        | | |Hisnet | | |
        | | +-------+ | |
        | +-------------------------+ |

How many Intra-domains and Inter-Domain boundaries are there? I haven't
even drawn lines of communication. If all you are doing is saying that
Inter/Intra defines a boundary of control *FOR A GIVEN FRAME OF REFERENCE*
or scope, then its like arguing apples and meatloaf.

From Dietys-eye-view, a 2-domain terminology is weak. A 2-domain model
of routing is weak. Surely, for some abstraction or discription, it *has*
to be n-way and I think Frank is suggesting there might be a goal or
a requirement to try and achieve a single *architecture* for routing across
all n domains.

-George
-------
George Michaelson | APNIC