Re: A historical aside

From: demir (demir@usc.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 21:25:47 EST

I think "End-to-end Arguments in System Design" addresses this issue very
well. I don't think any of us can get our head around on this QoS stuff. I
have been "eating my brain" to get my PhD to find a solution for the
complexity. I believe any approach to tackle the dilemma will satisfy as
long as we feel happy about the choice we make ranging from zero to
infinite complexity to satisfy QoS demanding applications because
Quality x Efficiency = Choice :) QxE=C, where C is a constant. In economy,
this fact is known as "demand-supply" theory. I mean the choice also
depends on the economy :)

Alper K. Demir