full-contact review process

From: Sean Doran (smd@ab.use.net)
Date: Mon Mar 04 2002 - 16:25:26 EST

| Certainly the development of "one set" would still go through the
| usual mail list full-contact review process.

Abha and I struggled with the idea of a more rigorous review
than one usually gets from one-shot list reading by busy people.
Unfortunately, we didn't come up with anything that didn't
involve paying people in some fashion.

I'm all ears, though, because one of the weaknesses of the WG
model imho is that it is very difficult to motivate people to
really read through and comment publically or even privately
upon drafts.

(I'm particularly keen on the thinking of the research crowd,
since they have a VERY different publication process than the
IETF, and our RG's "constitution" does NOT require us to follow
many of them, as opposed to making up our own).

        Sean.