safety of configuration

From: avri (avri@apocalypse.org)
Date: Tue Mar 05 2002 - 10:49:24 EST

from ngarch-req

> 3.21 Safety of Configuration The architecture,
> protocols, and standard implementation defaults must be
> such that a router installed "out of the box" with no
> configuration/etc by the operators will not cause "bad
> things" to happen to the rest of the routing system (no
> dialup customers advertising routes to 18/8!)

there were folks in groupb that wanted this also, but i keep
thinking this is a box requirement. maybe i just don't
understand what is meant by no router out of the box causing
problems. i can see the architecture limiting damage to a
locality, but i don't understand how it would be stopped
altogether.

also this seems to fly against the previous requirement of
no dependency on no routing subsystems, as this seems to
depend on configuration and management at least to some extent.

but as i say this requirement has me sort of confused.

--
Mobile: +46 73 029 8019
Office: +46 920 49 3030

http://www.bethepeople.com/vaccine_rides/events_vacc_eu.htm Rider: Avri Doria Rider #: 1338