Re: Wither irtf-rr

From: Geoff Huston (gih@telstra.net)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 11:25:12 EST

Let me get this right..

Shane says "as for convergence times [...] I don't know" Does
that need to be solved here?"

well, you know, I thought the mission here was one of research
into the chartacteristics of the space and thinking forward
into potential approaches in a context of understanding
what we need to know more about - i.e. research.

I'd love to be so confident about convergence times and indicate
that we know all there is to know about convergence in large
dynamic and complex spaces. Even to know that some person on
the planet has this knowledge would be comforting to some degree.
I just don't see that we have this essential knowledge
at present.

   Geoff