RE: Evolution and the routing architecture

From: Dmitri Krioukov (dima@krioukov.net)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 15:44:26 EST

This brings us back to the discussion of the
"no flag day" requirement in the "Hypernet"
migration model (and is related to what
Howard has just said). Nothing prevents us :)
from introducing a separate network, "the
Hypernet", based on the revolutionary
architecture and providing a set of
interfaces to the currently existing
Internet. The result would be that we
have both the revolutionary (the Hypernet
architecture) and evolutionary (the
overall migration strategy) parts that
taken together would satisfy (some subset
of) the requirements including the "no
flag day" one.

--
dima.