Re: Evolution and the routing architecture

From: Lloyd Wood (l.wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 12:17:36 EDT

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> There's an inherent danger, in requirements and architecture
> documents, of starting to use terms that are obvious to the authors
> and reviewers, but not necessarily to the qualified reader who did
> not participate in document development.

Oh yes.

I do wish that an observation like this was this was written down in a
'pitfalls for draft authors to avoid' document, along with 'try to
avoid inventing new abbreviations or acronyms'.

inventing new jargon to make talking about concepts that may not be
fully agreed or understood is imo just a way of hiding having to think
about the underlying concept further...

L.

<L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>