Re: mobility

From: Howard C. Berkowitz (hcb@gettcomm.com)
Date: Wed Apr 10 2002 - 13:38:08 EDT

>Is mobile IP inadequate for host mobility, and if so,
>how?
>
>Inadequate is not the same thing as inelegant.
>
>Frank Kastenholz

Frank, my concern is as much with the procedure as anything else.
There's been specific concern about using examples from BGP, etc.
The requirements are not at the protocol level, which even may not be
at the architecture statement.

It is your document that says a specific IP mechanism solves the
problem, yet I wouldn't say it even rigorously defines that problem
(e.g., not being clear about user mobility vs. host address mobility,
transfers of TCP sessions and the like, etc.).

Level playing field time. If group B was wrong even to use BGP
terminology as an example, and certainly not recommending the
continuation of BGP...

Howard