Re: Wither irtf-rr

From: Fred Baker (fred@cisco.com)
Date: Mon Jan 08 2001 - 18:09:05 EST

At 05:58 PM 1/8/01 -0500, Curtis Villamizar wrote:
>If this is the case, an occasional note to the MPLS WG describing the
>status of the documents (or any WG which had a document held up) would
>greatly improve the image of the IESG.

when the IESG is out of the loop? I can see the RFC Editor (who held the
documents up) doing that, or the chairs (whom both the ADs and I have been
pushing to get the issues closed) doing that. When I send a note to George
and Vijay saying "I read this at the RFC Editor's web site; what's the plan
for resolving it?", I would see copying the working group as somewhat
incendiary. Perhaps they have had the same opinion when they beat up the
guys holding the pen.