Re: Can sysmon monitor mysql database.

From: James Golovich (james@wwnet.net)
Date: Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:30:19 EDT

On 15 Jul 2002, Mahesh Chandra Patil wrote:

> I am a newbie to sysmon, My doubt is if Sysmon can monitor Mysql
> server.
>
> Is it possible to set sysmon to monitor any port?

sysmon can check to make sure a certain port is open. Now that doesn't
necessarily mean the Mysql would be up and running properly, if you
wanted to do that you would need to write some code to do a simple query
from sysmon.

That being said, I am happy just monitoring the port. Here is a piece
from one of my config files for monitoring mysql.

object mysql.mabell {
        ip "mabell";
        type tcp;
        port 3306;