[cisco-nas] RADIUS Support of 56-Bit Acct Session-Id -> bug?

Félix Izquierdo fizquierdo at l3consulting.com
Thu Jan 22 12:44:41 EST 2004

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> My standard Acct-Session-Id is "000AE610". Is this 32 bits?

Sorry, I've used the name "attribute" in the previous message when they
are IOS internal variables. The only true radius attribute is
Acct-Session-Id, and it's a string, not an integer. You are receiving
digits in this string for 32 bits, it's true.

Perhaps the feature adds digits only after the counter wraps for the
first time because compatibility reasons?