[cisco-nas] OSPF adjacency using secondary IP adressing

Andris Zarins andris.zarins at microlink.lv
Tue Sep 7 10:58:36 EDT 2004

Hi,

Task is to create OSPF adjacency between two routers (R1 – HQ, R2 – remote office). There is a layer-2 wireless connection between them, and both routers see this as Ethernet link.

Only nuance is that at one side, R2, there is an interface with just one, primary IP address, but at the other side – HQ R1 - there is an interface with primary address and about ten secondary IP addresses. Looking at link between these two routers – at one end there is primary IP address, but on other end there is secondary IP address. And as there is a number of such child links, I can’t just make the secondary IP as primary.

Question – is it possible, and if it is – what should be done to create OSPF adjacency between these two devices? For now I’m getting a “src not on the same network” error message when debugging OSPF adjacency, but OSPF is enabled for all networks this router is connected to.

Respectfully,
Andris Zariņš
Microlink Latvia