[nsp] AS53xx V.92 configuration not working

Aaron Leonard Aaron Leonard <Aaron@Cisco.COM>
Mon, 19 Aug 2002 14:06:04 -0700 (PDT)

> >Here are the modemcaps I'm currently recommending for MICA 2.9.2.0:
> >
> >   Recommended modemcap for 2.9.2.0 in a V.92/V.44 application:
> >   &F&D2S54=16584S0=0S29=12S21=15S62=8S63=3S34=18000S40=10S10=50

> Thanks.

> That string works (at least, the modem initialization error messages go
> away). But the calltracker database verbose log messages still say V.90 in
> them.  I imagine this is a bug too?  How do you tell if V.92 is established?

With our V.92 implementation, the modulation is still V.90.  We do not
yet support V.92 modulation (which, when it comes, will be PCM Upstream,
and will only be available on NextPort, not on MICA.)

Check out: Configuring and Troubleshooting V.92 Modems
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/471/v92_21360.html

> The modem is a USRobotics V.92 modem (upgraded from V.90). ATI7 lists V.92
> as one of its options. It connects at 46-52K, loop length is 691 feet from
> the Central Office.

> I tried debug modem csm though and here is what I got:

> Aug 19 20:43:58.952: Mica Modem(1/25): State Transition to Quick Connect

> So I assume that V.92 is working, I just don't know how to make the box
> tell me it is. The connect times to authentication are on the order of 20
> seconds, so this seems faster than a "standard" V.90 connect.

Absolutely, this call is using V.92 QC.

> I'm seeing plenty 'o weird things on this box, like a modem that isn't
> listed as B or T status, but continually tries to get initialized over and
> over and over.

I don't know offhand what this issue would be.  Are you talking about
trainup failures?  Or is the line stuck in autoconfigure?  Or something else?
This may be a candidate for a TAC case.

> Keep working on that code! :)

Yep.  We're not working on 12.2XA any more but we've been beating up on
12.2XB pretty hard.  If I were you, I'd stick with XA till things get too
boring, then jump to XB or 12.2T :-)

Cheers,

Aaron